Tim has been in the Locksmith industry for almost 40 years. During that time he has developed skills in the locksmith trade including lock picking, safe opening and servicing, vehicle opening, general fitting and repairs to home and commercial locks.
He has been SCEC endorsed for over 22 years allowing him to work on government safes and in information sensitive areas in government departments.
Tim has also held an Open Registration cabling licence for almost 20 years.
He is also experienced in electronic security, having spent ten years in charge of the alarm division at Jacksons Security. In this capacity he oversaw the sales, design and installation of a number of large projects including:
- Electronic security for the entire Port Arthur Historic site,
- Closed Circuit TV, electrically operated gates and security at Government house,
- Self-supporting industrial slide gates at several petroleum depots
- Access control and security at CSIRO Forestry division
- Dual self-supporting slide gates, pedestrian access control, Closed Circuit TV and electronic security at one of Hobart’s largest processing facilities
- Installation and maintenance of vehicle boom gates, access control and automatic sliding doors at Hobart’s largest confectionary site
Tim was employed originally by Jacksons as branch manager in the North West and as assistant manager in Hobart. He was manager of the electronic security section within the Hobart store, overseeing six (6) personnel in this area.
He is now employed as the workshop manager organising the on-road technicians, supervising in-store apprentices and the general running of the shop front, store, workshop and office.